Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monroe & Knapp

Yesterday, April 27, 2009 I went to Monroe and Knapp Elementary Schools with Felipe. Visiting with the administration in the schools in order to get flyers printed was a good thing. It allowed me to see how cooperative the schools are in helping out. Once we got done speaking with the schools we walked the neighborhoods to deliver flyers. This was a great experience because it enabled me to see how receptive the parents in these neighborhoods are, regardless of the communication barrier. They were glad to see that we were encouraging their kids to walk to school. Tomorrow will definitely be an adventure playing with the kids after they walk to school. I can't wait to see the turnout from the flyers that were sent home. And you know me, of course I'll have pics to share tomorrow!

No comments: