Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Bio

First and last name:

Chantay Banks

Hometown:

Denver, CO

Major(s):

Criminal Justice

Favorite class:

Crime Scene Investigation

Background:

I was born and raised in Denver and Aurora. I graduated from Gateway High School and attended Metropolitan State College of Denver for 1 year. I took a break from college and then returned in 2006. After obtaining a career as a Correctional Officer, I decided to change my major from biology to criminal justice. I have now been promoted to Sergeant. I have grown to love criminal justice, and have always loved science and mysteries, so I decided to combine those passions into one field, which is a crime scene investigation. I will be graduating next year with a major in criminal justice and a minor in criminalistics. My future endeavor is to apply my degree and experience to becoming a special agent on the Evidence Response Team with the Federal Bureau of Investigations.

Favorite quote:

“If you fall, get back up”. –Unknown

Why I am excited about being part of “The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State”:

I am excited about being a part of the “Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State” because it will allow me to show my versatility and hardworking nature. It will also allow me to network with a variety of people and learn how to be a more efficient communicator. This challenge will enable me to learn how people with different outlooks other than mine solve issues.

Why I should win "The Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State":

I should win the “Apprentice Challenge @ Metro State” because I have what it takes to be a leader. Leadership is not what most people think it is. Most people think that leadership is always about being the head of the group, always having the best ideas and having the ability to persuade people into what you believe in. This is true; however, there is more to it than that. Leadership is also about the ability to sit back and let other people around you speak their ideas and learn from them as well. Leaders need to be able to listen to what they have taught and to make sure that their ideas and teachings have been well listened to and learned. I have the ability to teach, listen, watch, and learn, which are all qualities of a winner.

No comments: